Saturday, January 30, 2021

Otto at 22 Weeks

 We had a slower week this week. Otto rocked puppy class Week 3! We are getting to a point where certain exercises need to be advanced, but we're not quite ready to advance them, and others aren't quite ready to be started. 

  • We started scent articles last week and he is now confidently searching among six articles with 100% accuracy! 
  • His spin is nearly on a verbal. I've just about faded the hand signal. Right now all he needs is a little finger-flick.
  • Sit at a distance is coming along slowly. We're working with a barrier. I think the lie down will be easier.
  • Play ball retrieves for food. We are doing ball therapy to try to get his adult canines to sit in the right spot as they come in. 
  • I think his mouth is at a place where he may be ready to start learning a shaped hold. We may give that another try this week.
  • Sit-stay and Stand-stay. We've been able to get a stand-stay walk-around this week! I guess I can start proofing that stand-stay harder. I'm really anxious to start working more on his positions, but physically he's not quite there yet. I've started working on his tuck sit with front feet on a 1x4 board and his back feet are just so sloppy. I need to figure out what he's doing mechanically without the board because his sits look good to me on their own. He has a tendency to sit crooked that I think is more related to building strength and coordination than anything. I started luring the fold-back down and stand-from down. When he was younger, he always needed to move a front foot on the stand. Now he is able to stand with all feet planted. I could start working on his sit from down. 
Ok, I think I'm organized for the week ahead. 

No comments:

Post a Comment